Thursday, April 10, 2008

Three Quick Pictures

Each of these pictures probably deserves more time and attention from your negligent blog host than I am going to give them as I consume my Amy's frozen tamale pie.

For instance, this past weekend found we Grens strolling the fantabulous St. Louis Zoo with Norah's good friend David and his folks. It was a wonderful time with wonderful friends in a wonderful place with wonderful weather. I should tell you the details...instead I'll just post this picture.



Another example: Anna, a wonderful photo blogger, started a bit of a meme she's calling Project Yellow in which she has called on her readers to post yellow pictures. I should probably have gone out and found exotic saffron subjects at which to point my lens like Mark did. Instead, I'll just post a shot of the amazing daffodils that are bursting into spring just outside my sunroom door.



And finally (and I'll admit that I am woefully behind on letting people know about this new update in my life) I'm leaping into the house flipping business. Lots of houses on the market and prices are low. I'm looking to buy some up, renovate them, and rent them out to make some extra money. I'll try to write a post soon on staggering amount of information I've already learned in the last few weeks (and the astounding amount I still have to learn). However, in the mean time, I'll just post a picture of this, my first little house. It will officially be mine tomorrow. Wish me luck.

9 comments:

Mark said...

Now, see, was posting something really that difficult?

I like that little blue house. Matches my eyes. Good luck in your new venture amidst the trouble housing market. Maybe renting will become more popular.

Welcome to Project Yellow. Jonquils are perfect for it. Nice shot.

Anonymous said...

Ah...daffodils, two in a row, and I couldn't be more thrilled. They're such happy flowers and I think you've caught them smiling.

I've gone "yellow happy" and I don't know whether to thank Anna or smack her around (j/k).

Hope you have time for a visit...:)

Anna said...

Say what Robin?!?!? I read that! ;) I will take a thank you....

And Moksha?!?!?! I am so glad to hear from you! I love the daffodil...it helps me to get out and shoot with a project so I am glad that you participated as well!

I am so excited for your venture of flipping houses. I hope it will be great AND that you can have fun while making a profit! Please let us all know of your venture and its progess...pictures included please!

Cute house BTW!

Take care!

Anna said...

Hey...go back to my blog. I did a Mr. Linky so people can easily link to participants of Project Yellow. :)

Have a good weekend coming up!

Simon said...

That really does look like an adorable house you picked up there. A great starter home for a fresh, still-idealistic couple chomping at the bit of Life and wanting to make an optimistic go of it in an environment that will do its utmost to beat them down and force them to submit to a lifetime of hopelessness, drudgery and crushing debt? At least, that's what I got out of the third picture.

Nice daffodils too!
;)

émilie b said...

Good luck with that new venture. I like that house, too. It's so fresh and simple, it could be a drawing. Don't forget to post the renos, we'll want to see!

Cute pic of the kids.

Moksha Gren said...

Mark - No, it was pretty painless. I got out of the habit while I was totally swamped, and now that I have just a bit of spare time again, I need to get back into the swing of posting.

The rental market is booming since all those folks who would have had a mortgage thrown at them three years ago, and now unnacceptable credit risks. So they rent.

Robin - The Project Yellow thing is really great. It's amazing to me how much a theme really helps with creativity. If I see a patch of yellow, I stop and say, "how can I capture that?"

Anna - (see comment above) And thanks for the Mr. Linky. I look forward to browsing other folks' yellow photos.

Simon - Geez...Amy was right, man ;) But yeah, it really is a nice little house. Nothing fancy, nothing excting, but it's well built and it's in a cute little neighborhood.

I was supposed to close on the house today, but it got postponed until early next week. That's fine with me since I'm still lining up a good (cheap) contractor and I'd rather continue my search while someone else is paying the mortage.

Moksha Gren said...

Emilie - Sorry I missed you. Our comments passed in the ether. I'll try to post the upgrades as they come. The outside won't change much other than a spit polish and shine. The inside is where the magic happens. I've got some "before" pictures...I'll post them with the "after" ones later.

Anonymous said...

House flipping! Boy are you brave. Although i think your timing may be great. Good luck in this new venture.