Thursday, April 17, 2008

Project Looking Through (Norah's View)

Springboarding from the success of Anna's Project Yellow, my good friend, Mark has launched a photo project of his own he's calling Project Looking Through. The task is to post photo's that give the sense of looking through something.

Yesterday, I took a slightly extended lunch break to try out the newly availible recreation of the"family bike trip." Moonshot and various family went in to get me a new bike for Christmas and we fixed up the old bike (a loaner from my buddy Duke) so Moonshot could ride it. We also sprung for a swanky little towbehind contraption that will allow Norah to come along for the ride.

She squeeled in delight for the duration of the short test trip and did NOT want to leave her chariot when we returned home.

Norah enjoyed the ride as well ;)



Click the image to enlargify the viewing experience and Visit Mark's site to see a list of those participating in his project

13 comments:

Mark said...

Nice addition to the PLT effort.

It's always fun to get pictures from a kids' point of view. She has to look at those pasty legs a lot, I bet. I can say that because it takes one to know one.

Mark said...

Crap. Kid's point of view.

Moksha Gren said...

Norah is typically kind enough to not make fun of her Daddy's pasty legs. However, she does often remind me that they are hideously underdeveloped for one who claims to want to bike the Katy Trail ;)

HW said...

Okay - I haven't read your blog yet, but saw the picture. I think that is the first time I have seen your legs!

Carletta said...

So that's the view from one of those!
I think this was a wonderful contribution.

Anna said...

I am so glad that you thought to get this! Very nice Moksha!

Simon said...

Who really WOULD want to get out of one of those after having a ride. A covered wagon powered by your own personal slaves; cool breeze in your face; heck, she probably even had a beverage service at some point in there.

Sign me up!

Robert said...

Cool perspective. Very creative!

Moksha Gren said...

HW - And now you know why ;)

Carletta, Anna, and Robert - Thanks. The confined space made and Norah's head made it difficult to line up a well-blanced shot. But I thought the perspective of it would carry the photo...and it seems to have done so.

Simon - Very true. When I bent over to lift her out of the buggy, she whined about it and wiggled in protest. It occured to me as my exhausted legs wobbled what a very different expeience this ride had been for her :)

Karen Coutu said...

That is great! I tried to take a photo from my child's point of view too. You did a much better job than I did though.

émilie b said...

Ah, the elusive Norah is featured yet again à la that-neighbour-on-Home-Improvement. :D

Mark, if you're still around: Nice photo theme.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

That's really cool! I love all the neat perspectives we're seeing. :)

annulla said...

Oooh, pasty white man knees! Hubba-hubba!

Blather From Brooklyn