Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hey, This Ain’t Wordless!!

It’s Wednesday morning and I am totally unprepared for Wordless Wednesday. I suppose I could sneak over and take a picture of my sleeping wife…but that would only be funny until she checked the blog later today. No, I think I’ll just fess up to way I’ve let you down this week. And I could try to explain why I’ve done nothing all week, failing to give my poor little website the love and nourishment it so richly deserves. But no…I think rather that I will focus exclusively on last night. Actually looking at my life patterns of procrastination would be too depressing this early in the morning.

See, usually I scurry about on Tuesday night, digging through any pictures I’ve taken over the week and if that fails digging through the archives. Last night, however, I watched a movie with my wife. And I’ll stand by that decision. For one, I like spending time with my wife and am very rarely going to feel guilty about it. Secondly, she’ll be leaving tomorrow morning for a four-day Minneapolis trip. She’s going up to help our friend Elsa with wedding preparations and Norah and I will be left to our own devises. Well…sorta. MoMa is coming up Thursday night so I can go to work on Friday. But other than that…totally on our own.

So, I mulled it over last night as she waved the little red Netflix package and look d at me expectantly and opted to ignore the website for a little longer. So you’ll have no pictures to judge.

What? Stop looking at me like that. You’ll be ok, there are hundreds of folks out there who are even now hoping you’ll visit their site and write a clever little comment under their picture, why do you need mine?

Fine! They’re not art shots, but they make me smile. I give you Superfly and Mr. Chubbers from Mr. Chubbers second birthday party.





Click images for an even bigger mess

To see actual Wordless Wednesday participants...visit www.wordlesswednesday.com

13 comments:

Anna said...

Good for you and your wife for getting time together. That is so important. We are the same way here...when we are connected then our whole family functions better...I am a better wife and mom and he is a better husband and father.

I am glad that you took time to enjoy eachother!

Anonymous said...

Did you feed them smurfs for their birthday?!

Mark said...

I commend you, good sir. I opted to spend time with my wife Tuesday night, too. We watched "Last Comic Standing" from the DVR.

Like you, I ain't wordless neither.

In fact, I went overboard and stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish a multimedia post about the second day of our Red River, New Mexico trip.

I had to share this from a guy the judges did not pick to come to the final 32 (on the show we watched).

I wrote book on penguins once.

Yeah, I should have used paper.

Anonymous said...

Good call on spending time with the wife - especially as she's leaving for a while.

Funny pics! They're so yucky!

Simon said...

The best part of this post was Elsa's comment. Hooray for Smurf consumption!

And is there something wrong if a person doesn't usually have 'artsy' pics for this Wordless Wednesday stuff? I mean, these days provide some of us with an opportunity for even more blatant showcasing of exploited kids. What's wrong with that?

I'll have to try that Netflix thing. We're still movie-viewing luddites and only go to Blockbuster. The World Wide Web -- is there anything it can't do?

Moksha Gren said...

Anna - Thanks. It tough to make time fo reach other some times...but it is important. So easy to get caught up in the whirlwind that is the child ;)

Elsa - You know...I made that same joke at the party. Went so far as to make sounds like the dying screams of little smurfs to their grandfather...he just looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Glad to see folks out here are on my wavelength.

Mark - I like the penguin joke. It'd be a good book, one worth reading over and over since the ending would continually change as they waddled around.

We watched The Messengers...horror film. We were in the mood for cheese. It was actually better than we expected aside from their overuse of that damned stop-motion movement everyone's been copying from The Ring.

Emilie - Get used to it...we're both coming up a similar mess ourselves in a week and change.

Simon - No, nothing wrong with non-artsy shots. Its just that I had really hoped the whole WW thing would keep me active in my practice to improve my artsy shots. I'm supposed to be taking pictures on a semi-regualr basis of things other than my daughter. It's a personal goal...not a rule of Wordless Wednesday.

Stephanie said...

Great pictures. And they really are sort of artsy since the icing was basically paint :)

As a side note...Lucy got ahold of Mr. Chubbers left over icing. Let's just say there was some messy blue stuff to clean up in the backyard :D hehehe!

Holly Schwendiman said...

What fun little supermen! Fun post and great pictures. ;)

Hugs,
Holly

wesleyjeanne said...

I think you made the right choice! Always go with the wife over the blog.

Thanks for visiting my blog (www.mountainmamablog.com) and for commenting. I'm sure your little Norah will be running the trails before you know it--too fast in fact.

Melanie said...

Good choice- spending time with your wife instead of your computer!

I do like your choice of pictures too, even if they aren't artsy shots. They made me smile too.

Lavender said...

Yes, an excellent call to spend time with the wife - good man!!
I love the smile on the first shot - what sheer joy!! Thanks for sharing them, and Thanks for visiting the Lemur at the birds & the beads

Anonymous said...

Always the best choice to spend time with your wife. Nothing better than a movie...not sure about a horror flick...but whatever floats your boat.

Great pictures.

Anna said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. I put up the original image! :) Have a good one there.