Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Perfect Cookie

While falling asleep the other night.

Moonshot – I’m thinking about making cookie baskets for some of our friends and family. Maybe six different kinds of cookies. I’ll put a card in each basket and people can vote on their favorite cookie. Then, I’ll swap out the three lowest vote getters next year for new cookies. I keep that up year after year until I have the perfect basket of cookies.

Moksha – The perfect basket of cookies? For that, you know, we’ll have to travel around the world to find the perfect flour.

Moonshot – Absolutely, and then the perfect heat source.

Moksha – It certainly will be exciting and fast

Moonshot – And exciting and thrilling

Moksha – And exciting and funny.

A moment of silence.

Moonshot – You know, there is this small group of parents in the world who would understand exactly what we were talking about…and then there’s the other 98% of the population.

6 comments:

Amy said...

mmmmm cookies. I happen to have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I am willing to share it for bragging rights.

Mark said...

Aha! I recognized it, but couldn't place it. Thanks for the link.

Now I can sleep tonight.

No work tomorrow. Thank God for having banks as customers.

Anonymous said...

I only ever saw the Backyardigans toys, so I'm not in the know.

Moonshot's idea is really cool - I'd totally copy it if I was into baking at all ;) I'll fwd the 250$ cookie recipe I coincidentally got by email today, because of the serendipity of it. It sounds like good cookies.

Josh & Emily said...

So, Are there really going to be cookies?

Moksha Gren said...

Amy - Moonshot loves baking cookies, so a good recipe is always welcome. And of course you would retain all bragging and naming rights.

Mark - Man, I'm the only one of the three of us who's working today? [sigh] How hidiously unfair. Now I wish I had left that link off. At least I could have comforted myself knowing I was more well rested than you if nothing else ;)

Emilie - Backyardigans is Norah's favorite show. We probably help her along in that choice since they are one of the few shows that I think is actually pretty enjoyable. It's clever, the songs are catchy, and it's not as annoying as say...the Wonder Pets. We keep a coupel episodes on our DVR for when she's particulalry fussy. It's like magic.

Jet - That is my understanding...yes. But I think it's more of a Christmas thing, so don't get too excited just yet.

Simon said...

Ah!!! You should never even have mentioned the Wonder Pets in a comment to your own post! Now I have to gouge out my brain...

(But yes, Backyardigans ranks among the highest in acceptable children's viewing.)