Friday, May 12, 2006

A Short Break from Memphis to Eat Brains

This whole Memphis story is taking longer than I thought. My original plan was so simple. Three posts in about three days and the whole story and all the pictures would be posted. As you can see…I’m two weeks returned from Memphis and there is still one post lacking. Last week was far busier than the week before and I failed to schedule my time accordingly. I’m planning to finish it tonight, but I wanted to take a few minutes to share a fun find.

My relatively nomadic friend who I will tentatively nickname Oaf and who is currently living in L.A. sent me an email last night. Due to all around laziness on my part, I hadn’t talked to him in quite some time. I don’t even think he knew about Pumkin’s existence. Basically, it boils down to me being horrible at staying in touch with my long-distance friends, but I’m glad Oaf took it upon himself to write me.

The good news for my readers is that Oaf sent me a link to a song that he said made him think of me. As a lyrical mix of Office Space and Dawn of the Dead, it was perfect for Moonshot and I. So thanks, Oaf. I checked out the rest of the artist’s stuff. While most of it was silly, there are two songs that I felt were good enough to share with all of you. “Re Your Brains” was the song Oaf sent to us and it’s worth checking out. But the real reason I’m posting this is because Taltap, Duran, FreddyJ, and Ben all need to check out “Code Monkey". I’ve had both of these songs alternately stuck in my head since last night.

Ok, now that I’ve shared that…I’ll try to get back to the task of completing my Memphis trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good song, can identify with a few of the lyrics, more so before I was the manager. :) Now I complain about bad output. Still have boring meetings, just more of them.

Thanks for sharing!

Ben

Anonymous said...

he, he, he...

Glad y'all liked the songs. I've had these and several other Coulton classics on an iTunes loop for several days now. Now even when I leave the screen I can still hear them... This dude's pretty talented, especially for an Eli. b^)

As for the nickname, I'd have been happy with it even without the explanation. After hearing that it's a TLA and what for, it most certainly has gone straight to the head. All other pantheons look for the door when they hear the Norse gods comin'.

Intelligent country, is that IDM's redneck offspring subgenre?

Anyway thanks for the very kind biography. I have a feeling I'll refer to that page when I need cheering up...