I’m too tired tonight to post pictures tonight. Sorry if that disappoints you, but take comfort in the knowledge that all you’re missing are poorly framed shots of Eastern New Mexico, Northern Texas, and Western Oklahoma. In other words (and I mean no offense to those who live there) it’s not exceedingly scenic. Or rather, there is a beauty to it, but it stays about the same for duration. I snapped some pictures, but just don’t have the energy right now to post them
More importantly though, I wanted to take these few minutes before I go to sleep to talk about time. Three points about time as a matter of fact.
1) I’m back on schedule!! It seems Robert, our shareholder in Oklahoma already gathered everything from the OKC and Tulsa locations and needs me to do nothing here. So, while I am a day late arriving in Oklahoma City, I will arrive in Wichita precisely on time. Cosmic, eh? The map has been updated accordingly.
2) I’ve returned to the same time zone as my wife and daughter. This may seem like a small deal, but whenever you have to ask yourself, “What time is it there?” the distance just feels so much more terrible. So, while I still won’t see Moonshot or Little Lutine for a few days, I no longer have to do time adjustments before I call.
3) My wife asked me today if I was sick of driving yet. I was sort of surprised to find that I was not. There are many things about this trip that I will happily complain about, but the cross-country driving is not one of them. And this is odd considering the fact that after a two and a half hour trip to see my Mom, the last half hour is unbearable. On a four and a half hour trip to see my in-laws, the last half hour is unbearable. Apparently, I can tolerate any length of travel that I schedule…but not a minute more. I suspect, therefore, that the last half hour of this trip will be horrendous. Strange place, the human brain.
And with that, my dear friends, I am off to sleep in a hotel room just north of Oklahoma City that looks exactly like the one I slept in last night in Albuquerque. No, wait, the TV in this room is better…but other than that, it’s like I drove in an 8-hour circle.
- Miles Driven: 1033
- Miles to Go: 830
- Tucson, AZ: 3 Stores
- Phoenix, AZ: 3 Stores
- Albuquerque, NM: 3 Stores
- Oklahoma City, OK: 4 Stores
- Tulsa, OK: 2 Stores
- Wichita, KS: 3 Stores
- Topeka, KS: 1 Store and a Huge Storage Locker
- Lawrence, KS: 1 Store
- Kansas City, KS: 1 Store
- Columbia, MO: 1 Store